Shelanu will be selling their collection at this feminist themed evening event that provides a space for dialogue and sharing ideas on women’s experiences.
The event is inspired by a portrait of Froanna by Wyndham Lewis, and will share gender and feminist theories while also providing a platform to women artists.
• Artist Emily Sparkes and Pearl Home Records feminist poetry/collage workshop: write feminist poetry using collage, before recording it onto vinyl to take away – you will also be able to design a vinyl sleeve.
• Emma Margetson from BEAST doing an experimental sound performance inspired by portraits of women in the collection
• Short gallery talks from academics and members of Gender and Feminist Theory Research Group on feminist theory and issues that women face.
Artist stalls selling work by:
• Shelanu – Migrant and Refugee Women’s Craft Collective
• Love Letters – Typographers
• Maxene Brown – Illustrator
• Maddie Cottam-Allan – Illustrator
To book on to this event click here.