Young people creating change in their communities
Applications are open for 16-25 year olds to take part in a week of craftivism at mac birmingham 4-8 April 2016. (Deadline for applications 9th March).
Running from the 4th – 8th April, Making for Change – Craftspace’s new craft and social justice programme, gives 16 -25 year olds the opportunity to explore the issues that affect them in a creative and engaging way.
Download an application form to apply.
If you think you’d like to get involved here’s some more info…
What will I do ?
- You will take part in four days of talks, workshops and making sessions at mac birmingham.
- You will create your own craftivist campaign about issues that affect you.
- You will showcase your campaign at a public event at Impact Hub Birmingham.
You don’t need formal qualifications or a long CV of social justice experience. You just need to have a passion for learning new skills and a desire for equality… We will fill in the gaps!
What will I achieve?
- Build skills and confidence.
- Complete your Arts Award – Bronze
- Social media skills
- Craftivist campaign
How much will it cost me?
- Making for Change is completely free!
- Craftspace will contribute to your travel costs and provide you with lunch each day.
- At the end of the programme we will award you a £50 bursary.
If you would like to be a part of the upcoming project please complete and return the application form by the extended deadline of 17th March 2016. Applicants will be invited to participate in an ice breaker day on Sunday 20th March.
What are the key dates?
- Thursday 17th March
Extended deadline to send information form
- Sunday 20th March, 12.30pm – 2pm
Ice Breaker workshop @ mac birmingham
- Monday 4th April – Thursday 7th April, 10am- 5pm
Making for Change: the programme @ mac birmingham
- Friday 8th April , 6-8pm
Making for Change: The Showcase @ Impact Hub, Birmingham
- Thursday 14th April
Evaluation session and collection of £50 bursary @ Craftspace
- Sunday 1st April (tbc)
Arts award moderation