23 Aug Trustees Recruitment
Craftspace seeks new Trustees
Would you like to contribute your skills to an arts organisation that transforms people’s lives?
Would you like the opportunity to enhance your knowledge and advocate for the arts?
Halima Cassell (Photo: Chris Smart)
We are recruiting six new trustees to join our dynamic team.
Craftspace is a nationally significant organisation working with people in all walks of life. It’s an opportunity to give something back to the community while meeting new people, learning new things and coming into contact with exceptional contemporary craft. This is an interesting time to join the board as Craftspace continues to develop its reputation and scope from a very strong financial, reputational and artistic base in the sector. We welcome applications from people seeking an introduction to working at board level and as non-executive directors, as well as more experienced candidates.
We are seeking trustees with skills and connections in one or more the following areas:
- Fundraising and development
- Social entrepreneurship
- Financial management and/or accounting
- Business strategy
- Creative practice
- Community development (voluntary and third sector)
- Youth engagement, services and policy
- Learning and participation (including Higher Education)
- Research, evaluation and impact measurement
All Trustees will be expected to:
- Contribute to the development of strategic direction and vision whilst monitoring delivery of existing plans
- Scrutinise and monitor finance
- Support fundraising strategies
- Advocate on behalf of the organisation
- Ensure compliance with the legal requirements of the Charity Commission, Companies House and all relevant legislation
- Work to avoid conflicts of interests and declare interests
- Evaluate the performance of the organisation and the performance of the board itself
- Enact our policy and procedures in relation to equality of opportunity and respect our code of conduct
- Attend and contribute to quarterly board meetings
Trustees will be involved in:
- Feeding into the business planning process and policy development to ensure
- Ensuring Craftspace is operating strategically
- Supporting the organisation to find new sources of income and feeding into the implementation of a fundraising strategy
- Building, strengthening and maintaining relationships with our core funders, donors and current or potential stakeholders
- Acting as a sounding board for our staff team and sharing knowledge in your area of expertise
- Bringing a range of connections from the wider artistic and business communities to grow our work, operating environment and partnerships
Please download the information pack for more information (see below). We are seeking expressions of interest to this voluntary position by 12th October 2018.